These art cards (same as ATCs except you can sell them!) are created with encaustic waxes. Fun to do and dont take too long!
We had a stall at an Open Gardens event at the weekend and I am happy to say that I sold 2 encaustic art pictures and the pink "inky flower" picture from the previous post plus the altered box and quite a few cards!! Not big money but sure makes you feel good!
Wednesday, 22 June 2011
I was messing about with a variety of inks yesterday, with the intention of creating some background papers...got a bit carried away ! I brayered Kaleidacolor inks onto some watercolour paper in a random fashion, added some shimmer mists , spritzed it with loads of water then blobs of Perfect Pearls. The result made me think flowers so I accentuated these by dragging the ink about with a wet paint brush and used some ink on a dabber to make the centres.
Monday, 20 June 2011
I got some gorgeous new stamps from La Blanche last week, they are really meant to be Christmas one but this one is much more cherub than angel I think! The background is tissue paper, scrunched and sprayed with shimmer paint, glued on then some of it was scraped away to make a "cloud" for the cherub. More tissue paper , white this time was scrunched and stuck underneath the stamped image. The border is another La Blanche stamp, I then added some silver lined clear beads , black beads and the bird to complete.
Saturday, 18 June 2011
Friday, 10 June 2011
Well, I think thats what it is! I started off with some canvas board , cut it to shape with a craft knife then inked, spritzed, splodged, salted and stamped it all over the inside, added some lovely satin material across the centre along with some scrim , the main image (courtesy of DEZINAWORLD ) which is edged with gold mirror mosaic plus the words and birds. The front and back has a stencilled heart with gold embossed chipboard corner pieces, the front finished off with a key, padlock and ribbon.
Thursday, 9 June 2011
Made this a while back but couldn't photograph it...now have a lovely new camera!...so here it is. Originally a tin of embellishments it somehow cried out to be made into a suitcase!!! I covered it with some K&Co paper with vintage maps on and used various stamps , stickers and cut outs to embellish the outside then covered everything with several coats of PVA to seal. The handle is wire covered in red leather with a couple of wooden beads at each end , a small chain with some "dog tags" on one side. Inside is lined with brown paper , then the holiday images with some shells .
Thursday, 2 June 2011
Wednesday, 1 June 2011
Well , not quite the first attempt...that went in the bin !! I have tried a similar technique before but had a lino roller instead of a speedball brayer and it didn't work very well, which put me off. However, bought the brayer and some Kaleidacolor inks at a local craft fair at the weekend , this is the result so far......................