Friday, 27 July 2012
I wanted to try using an image tranfer technique...tried it before with dodgy results lol ! I think this one worked out quite well.
Cant remember where I got the image from, sorry. Anyway, I used a piece of satin lining fabric, tore round the edges of the image and then painted on an even coat of pva glue, put it face down on the fabric and rolled over it with a brayer to ensure it was well n truly in contact with the fabric. I then got called away to do something else so it was several hours before I came back to it....which is probably why it worked so well, normally I would not have the patience to leave it so long!!
I then spritzed the back of the image and rubbed with my finger to remove the paper backing...a slow job....spritzing as required until the image revealed itself, then dried it off gently with a hairdryer. Finally I stamped and inked around the image, frayed the edges and added the embellies and attached to a coordinating card blank.
Thanks for looking x